Hotel Data & Credit Card Security
Safeguard reservation data & guest credit cards
Protect hotel data and guest credit card information with PCI compliance, EMV certification, two-factor authentication and more. WebRezPro follows industry best practices to protect data from loss, misuse and unauthorized access or disclosure.
Data Management Policies
Data is entered into WRP in the following ways:
- Guests submit information into WRP via online forms.
- The Property enters data into WRP, either manually or via a swiping device.
- Third-party integrations share data via an API.
- WRP imports reservation information as instructed by the Property.
Data used by WRP is for the purpose of managing and completing overnight travel accommodation and related activities. Specifically, data is used for:
- Executing WRP processes, features and functionalities.
- Sending notifications and messages.
- Communicating with third-party integrations.
- Providing technical support.
- Complying with applicable laws if deemed necessary.
WRP follows industry best practices to protect data from loss, misuse and unauthorized access or disclosure.
- Data collected by WRP is stored securely in a database and is only accessible by authorized users.
- Internet security measures include Internet firewalls, intrusion detection, anti-virus protection and network monitoring. Please note: No internet security program is impenetrable. As such, WRP cannot guarantee the security of the Property’s data.
- Unless required for the purposes of executing WRP functionality, WRP will not disclose to others, in whole or in part, any data without the prior written permission of the Property.
The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is a set of security standards designed to ensure that all companies that accept, process, store or transmit credit card information maintain a secure environment.
IP restriction settings are used to restrict access to WebRezPro by IP address. When this setting is activated, any user attempting to log into the system from an unauthorized IP address will not be able to log in.
SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is the standard security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a web server and a browser. This link ensures that all data passed between the web server and browsers remains private.
EMV is a payment method based upon a technical standard for smart payment cards and for payment terminals and automated teller machines that can accept them.
Two-factor authentication (also known as 2FA) is a method of confirming a user's identity. In WebRezPro, this means employees must periodically enter an access code that is sent to them through text message or email.